Let me clear my perfectly description make!

Collins:
                           10 hy           10 hy
    Rectifier ------choke-------choke----|----HV out
|---cap---| | 0.08uf cap 8 uf

///

Larry Taft wrote:
Typical values for a Gates BC-1G 1 KW broadcast transmitter 2500 VDC supply are 5-15 hy at 1 amp swinging choke with 8 uf filter cap. The load is 500 ma continuous for the class C final ( 2 833s in parallel) plus another 500 ma variable for the class B modulator ( 2 833s in push-pull). The audio frequency response is speced at 30 to 12,000 cycles per second. The broadcast people used a single supply with the final acting as a fixed minimum load to get around the filter resonance problem at low frequencies.

Collins also used a cap across a choke for parallel resonance. For the 20V3 there is a 10 hy choke with a 0.08 uf cap across it in parallel to a second 10 hy choke (no cap) to an 8 uf cap to ground. Again, the final is a fixed load for the single supply. Tubes are 4-400s. Audio speced at 50 to 10,000 cycles per second.

Old technology.  Still good as long as the limits are understood.

Larry  K2LT

Jim candela wrote:
Rick,

I understand your feel for the nostalgia, and passion for pursuing it.
All of us more or less on this group have some common ground here.