Rick,

Its a typical WELL INSULATED flex shaft coupling with the required size holes. The full 3.1 kv B+ is on the rheostat.

Larry W3LW

At 02:29 PM 5/23/2006, you wrote:
To all owners or those familiar with the BTA-1R series of transmitters:

The "Power Raise/Lower" variable resistor (1R405) is connected to the motor unit which turns it when switch #1S202 is operated. The connection between the motor and the rheostat on mine is gone and I can't seem to find a legible picture showing exactly how the two circular pieces (the one the motor and the one on the resistor) connect together. Mine had a make shift piece of felt held securely by a radiator hose clamp at one time, but this too was broken. Can someone take a look at their 1R and let me know how they are really supposed to be connected. It appears that this may have had some kind of slip type clutch arrangement originally, but I could be way off base on that.

Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

73,
Rick/K5IZ