Steve,

That could very well be true. When I receive the schematic I'll know more about exactly what the work is all about. There are very few differences between the BTA models circuit wise, but it seems the oscillator is one of them. The BTA-1R1 uses 4PDT AC relays to switch the crystal frequency and the R2 I have uses DPDT reversing latch relays with DC coils. I'm not sure exactly what else is different, but I have found some of the edge connections to be different.

Thanks for the insight.

73,
Rick/K5IZ

Perhaps someone needed more capacitance to net the crystal on frequency...

and two of the three crystal sockets more or less taken out of use

Perhaps someone cut out the "Conelrad" crystal switching...

Steve  WD8DAS