Brian Carling wrote:

N4XY responds to Pete's comments about the recommendation of trashing an old, NIB Johnson Whiteface transciver:

QUOTE:
Since I can't let Pete's comment(s) sit, I'll make one last public remark, then drop it on the list as far as my own comments are concerned. The trick is going to be to do this without flame. So here
goes:

The way to avoid that, is to not put it 'out there' in the first place, or have someone else do it for you.

and it just seems like a shame to find a NEW one and chop it up. Now that I think about it, if I WAS flush, I'd try to buy this myself in a heartbeat. I think it is that significant.

What chop-up? different xtals, and a slight re-tune and it's moved up 2Mc. It's a 'mod' (and, that's a stretch) that's easily undone.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR