Mark,

   Fair radio sales used to sell the BC-223 with two
801's, and three 46's all brand new for $19.95 still
in the sealed box. I bought mine new in 1972, and made
a few contacts with it on 160 meters. That rig and
tubes are long gone.

   This is a MOPA design for the RF, and is suprising
accurate and stable...until the antenna is whipped
around from the wind. The is a SBE rig like the
BC-375. For the modulator, nothing special, and carbon
mic input. It does MCW too! It is meant for a short
loaded whip.

Jim
JKO