From: "W1EOF" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This seems to come up on every list I belong to. It's not so much a bug but a choice. It also is NOT turning a reply into a reply-to-all.

When you click the reply button it can only go one of two ways. To the list (the source of the email to you), or to the poster of the message to the list. It can only go one way or the other. I would contends that it is in the most favorable position. I'd guess that most of the time when someone replies, they want to reply to the list and not to the individual that posted the message.

I seem to recall that most lists, when you hit "Reply," the message goes to the sender of the message only. When you hit "Reply All" it goes to the sender AND to the list, so the sender gets two duplicate messages. To avoid that, you have to delete the sender, so that it just goes to the list. If there are other addressees on the original message, the "Reply all" message goes to each of them as well.

I have inadvertently sent what was intended to be a private response to the entire list more than once. It can be embarrassing. It could conceivably bring on legal liability as well.

Don k4kyv

This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout. Try it - you'll like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/