I know one prior owner in the Milwaukee area who traded his KW-1 for a house-painting job. I asked him why and he said "I needed the house painted" ;-) This was back in the 70s when all he figured if it was just useful for CW or as a linear, he could do that with a much smaller rig.

Yeah, he's still kicking himself!

Well, I dunno. Even at today's KW-1 prices, that might not be such a bad deal. Have you seen any estimates on house painting lately? Even a moderately sized house with wood siding may run into 5 digits these days for a good professionally done job.

Don k4kyv