John / KB6SCO has offered to assist in transfer of ANY media that we
can muster, from Edison cylinders, wire, any and all tape media and
film.  John has the knowledge to get this part of it done, as he is an
Audio Professional, and spent 20 years at MGM and 10 of which he was
Chief Engineer there.

John will make a more detailed post later on what he has to offer in
getting the media transferred, etc.  I for one will really appreciate
his assistance and knowledge he has to offer.
Now we are not limited to just old tape, which means audio could be
made available going back much further in time!

Now the issue at hand is to find the vintage recordings.  As I
mentioned to John, I suspect there are a lot of "old timers" out there
who are not on the internet that may have old recordings sitting in a
closet or something.  Hopefully not the attic.

One idea I've had is to run an ad in QST seeking out these recordings.
Maybe offer some sort of certificate or gift in exchange for them to
loan the media to us long enough to make the transfer to digital.
Some may be willing to just give us the media so long as something
useful is done with it.

Lets keep the ideas flowing for this project.  I think it would truly
be interesting to most any ham.

Brian