From: Todd, KA1KAQ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Another side of it though, is the SSB stations who zero-beat an AM qso
and interfere that way. Had several doing this last week. So some of
the guys tune just slightly off one way or the other, to make this a
less-desirable option. But we're talking a few cycles, not 5-6 kcs.
Sure, they can notch out the main carrier, but notching out several
slightly different ones isn't quite as easy.

                From what I heard last night, the increase in phone spectrum
won't
stop the few lids who want to intentionally interfere. They sought out
AMers no matter where they went. It's not a space issue for them, it's
a poor attitude and minimal (if any) education.

Then the slopbuckets intentionally zero in on the AM carriers, it's time for the old tactic Timtron calls "exit stage left." Otherwise, I agree it's good practice for everyone in a QSO to stay zero beat.

My only problem is that with some antennas, the VFO signal isn't strong enough to hear in the rx and I have to temporarily switch to a different antenna while zero-beating.

With the advent of transceivers, many of the newer hams don't have a clue to the concept of zero-beating.

Don k4kyv