Jim Wilhite wrote:
Jack the end that you solder to is the part that slides up through to the top of the socket. The little locking tab will be right at the base of the bottom. The contact that the tube pins slide into come up.

Thanks. No problem... just gave it a bit of a twist and it pushed right up. Unfortunately, I need that one for the cathode but it proves that replacing pins is a lot easier than replacing the socket.

Now the question is.... where do I get another socket with removable pins?

I also need a complete socket for the crystal holder.

Anyone out there have such critters and willing to part for a price or otherwise?

js