I'm sure there are a lot of them out there and a lot of them in use. Are you toying with the idea of building one? That would be the ideal situation for the Ranger. There are a lot of BC-610 parts floating around and a couple of 100th's modulating a 250th would give you what you're looking for and more. I easily ge 375 watts out of my BC-610's. Of course, the problem is the cost of shipping. I have some iron as do many of the guys here, but to get it to you would be expensive.

Rick

Having invested so much effort into restoring the Ranger, it would be depressing to shelve it. The ART13 seems far more complex than what I need and still falls short.

I want basically a plate modulated amp that I can drive with the Ranger exciter and audio.

Back in the good old days, everyone was building these things and I assume there are a lot of homebrews out there collecting dust.

js