I'm hearing more and more Extra class AM'ers expressing their intent to appear on 3600-3700 the minute the expanded phone band opens on the 15th of December.

Frequencies I hear discussed are 3685, and down on the low end near 3610. No need for everyone to congregate on one frequency. Why not make it a point to start up right away on several frequencies spread uniformly throughout the band, and each station periodically shift around from one QSO to another, so that all the QSO frequencies remain in use into the wee hours, but allowing everyone to participate in the QSO on each of the frequencies.

Let's make it more like the etiquette of a successful house party. Instead of everyone standing around the entire evening confined to one small group, be sociable and continue circulating from one group to another for the duration.

WATSA y'all? You got less than a month to upgrade to Extra if necessary, and to get the rig and antenna tuned up and working on the low end of the band!

Don k4kyv

http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/