[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello Jack: One last suggestion from me, if you use a headphone near the microphone it can form a "Helmholtz" resonator effect which is to say that the audio will be
narrowed up so I would use a speaker (3-10 inch dia) as a source.

Interestingly, I suspected something like that but didn't know it had a name. The head phone seems to be a good one (Koss) but this now seems to be irrelevant but a good learning experience.

I went to the headphone because I had to keep the receiver in a different room using a speaker. This precluded listening to changes as I made them. Turns out apparently, the fidelity was already lost so the changes made no difference.

Great input!

Is there no one near you who can help??

Not within a reasonable drive and then I wouldn't learn anything.

Thanks,

js