Do the transmissions have a 'key' tone before the voice part of the encrypt???

73
vince
ka1iic

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, John King wrote:

Maybe they are the digitized audio from the AR9000
digital voice device that converts SSB into digital
signal that is decoded by another AR 9000. I think
that is the model number of the device made by AOR and
is advertised in QST magazine???? 73, John, K5PGW

--- "A.R.S. -  W5AMI" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Has anyone beside Don/KYV and myself heard these odd
sounding voice
signals between 3700 and about 3750 that seem to be
sideband, but can
not be tuned in either lower or upper sideband?
They seem to be all
over the place, however no one else has said a thing
about them except
Don on amfone.net.

They sound like inverted audio, however it would
seem that going to
the opposite sideband would allow you to tune them,
but it doesn't.
Maybe I'm not thinking clearly on "Inverted audio".
If not, would
someone straighten me out?

I started a thread on another list, and it's as if
no one has heard
them, and I am now getting the feeling I'm losing my
marbles!

73
Brian / w5ami

--
"There is nothing more uncommon than common sense."
-- Frank Lloyd Wright