Jim candela wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Here is what you need from Ohmite:

Methinks that the 'plain text' flag on mailman needs to be set.

hey, Jim... I scrambled hard and fast, trying to get the Viking II
connected to an antenna when I heard you testing earlier... and it
couldn't have been a full 3 mins later, and I was calling you... as did
someone else, but you were no where to be heard.  BJ/WB5PKD heard me,
though... and he and I carried on till Perry/W5KGZ broke in.  Then it
was Ed/KQ5F(who I never did copy well enough - no/low audio and lots of
hum), Jon/AD5HR at his new QTH in Rural Guadalupe County, Sammy/W5DPP
then Wayne/W5DWP, Chad/K5BST... there's been activity on the band all
day long.  Right before 3pm (right before you were testing) there was
KC9VF, W5JO and KA5RHK and I think I detected the remnants of others in
that QSO up in Oklahoma and NorthEast Texas. (that's roughly the same
distance as it is from New York City to Central North Carolina).

Good to hear all that boat-anchor (and some rice-box) activity going on.

--
73, etc.
-Geoff/W5OMR