When Floyd unexpectedly went SK, Hoisy W4CJL who was founder of SPAM agreed to let a guy in California take over. It took a while to get all the SPAM paperwork, and there may have been a bank account, from Floyd's estate. I heard that Floyd's parents were not totally cooperative. But eventually the guy in CA got everything and began running SPAM.

He hit the ground running and for a few months it looked like he was going be even more actively involved than Floyd. But he turned out to be a real flash in the pan. He abruptly dropped from sight. No-one was ever able to contact him to learn what happened. Ads for SPAM membership continued to run in CQ magazine for a couple of years. I don't think anyone ever solved the mystery.

A few years later, Dale KW1I resurrected AMI (AM International) to take its place. Occasionally we still hear from AMI, but I think the internet has pretty much replaced SPAM/AMI as a watchdog for threats against AM. There is this reflector, plus the AM Forum, as well as sites like QRZ.com and