Ya just gotta let the smoke out every now and then to be sure the legend is true!

Thanks, you're right..
Rick

John Lawson wrote:

One think I just thunked is: I don't know if you have any really small-current fuses, like 100mA or so - if you do, perhaps you could put one in series with the meter - if there is a substantial internal short, or even an accidental flashover - it's bound to kill the meter... don't want that to happen. Most DVMs are fused internally, so that's safer, I think.

But hey - what's electronic R&D without the occasional fireworks display?

   Cheers

John
KB6SCO
DM09fg