I did some more listening today, on both 80 and 40 meters,
and the dx-dd always receives much more noise than the
vertical or the g5rv.
I suspect because its over the house and parallel to the
electric wires running down the street.

It sometimes receives signals stronger then the other 2 antennas
but its always got much more noise.

The butternut vertical is often VERY quiet, mostly 10 db down
on receive, but often the noise level is zero while the others
have s9 noise levels.

My next experiment might be a bent 80 meter dipole
(with the wires through the trees) with a 40 meter dipole
below it hooked up to the same feedpoint.

Brett
N2DTS