-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim Wilhite
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2007 9:49 PM
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Meter Sticking SB-220

Greg:

Try removing the meter and carefully take the face off.
Look between the coil and surrounding core for bits of metal
or debris that should not be there.

If there is anything, you should be very careful here,
remove the debris and reassemble the meter.  Do not use
compressed air or anything that will cause the meter to peg
hard, for it could bend the needle.  If it is metal, you
will have a tough time getting it out since the magnet will
hold it in place.

Good luck.

If that doesn't work, there are meter shops that will
perform the service for you.  Maybe near where you live.  If
you don't feel confident to do this, then check with any big
airport for avionics repair shops then ask them about meter
repair shops.  Many shops that repair Simpson 260 can do
this easily.  If you are steady enough, study the meter
movement and disassemble it for cleaning then reassemble.
This requires the patience and steady hand of a watch maker
which is another place that might be able to help.

73  Jim
W5JO