-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sara & Wayne Steiner
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:13 AM
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] National PW Dial

I found that the variables in the  command set series of transmitters are
very close to straight line frequency.  Some years ago I built a variable
osc. using one of those caps and a mechcanical digital  counter and was in
within  less than .5 khz over a 200khz band (160m). I of course had to do
some trial and error plate bending.
Over a 25 khz portion of the band and a small variable osc padder I could be
"spot on".

wayne , N0TE