Hi Bow:

Welcome to the list. You will find a large group here that will provide you with support and assistance as time goes by with your needs, be it parts or just advice.

Your location is perfect to attend the gathering at Belton which is about 3 weeks away. It is a great place for parts including transformers, chokes, tubes and things needed to home brew a transmitter. It is also a great place for you to find some sort of amplifier should you choose to do that.

There is always a large gathering of folks who prefer AM to other modes, which will welcome you into their midst. Try to make that one if possible. They will be identified by the banner of QCWA Chapter 207.

In the meantime, put anything you have on the air. Propagation is good right now, except for the static generated by thunderstorms. Next fall and winter will be great. Tune around 3.880, 3.900 to find people in your area. There are several.

Hope to work you soon.

73   Jim
W5JO

Hello all,
I'm a new guy to the AM Radio list, my Name is Scott, my friends call me Bow
(like bow and arrow).
I am located on the northwest side Houston, TX and I like to homebrew.

I hope to catch you on the bands.

Bow

W5EFR