Heh, sorry about the randomly off-topic reply. It's been a while, I
forgot that direct replies go directly to the list and not the
individual.

On 3/28/07, Jim Wilhite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Todd, what do you mean shorted windings.  Are you talking
about a transformer, or up top?? :>)

Probably a little of both, Jim. (o: Was on 3885 with some of the guys
two nights ago when the audio went away. Modulator cathode current
meter was bouncing around like crazy, as if I'd bumped the gain, but
no joy.

Having just recapped the audio deck a month or so back due to a bias
problem, it's looking and sounding like the mod tranny went west. Did
some brief testing last night with Ed and the boys up north, seems
they can hear me but audio is way down and I sound like I'm
underwater/breaking up/in a world of s....

Serves me right for not going through it completely before putting it
back on the air. Hope to get some time this weekend to tear into it.

Ah, the joys of old gear. :D

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ