From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: amradio@mailman.qth.net; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 11:41:07 AM
Subject: [AMRadio] THE VIKING II AND FRIED HAM

Hi Ed,

You are correct and I noticed that after I posted.  In the Viking II, there
is an additional fuse in the primary circuit which is mounted in a holder on
the chassis.  Not so in the Ranger where the fuses are in that infamous fused
plug.  My original
V II came with the fused plug and the internal fuse.  The only possible
reason I can see for this was to protect the antenna relay socket regardless of
which way the line cord was plugged into the wall outlet.  Seems like the
engineers would have just put the hot side of the socket on the other side of
the
fuse and one problem would have been solved.

Thanks for your comments,

73,

John,  W4AWM