In the mid-60s  A few of us "science nerds" wore "hush puppy shoes", the ones
with deep crepe sponge soles and heels.   One of us would crank an old Wimhurst
generator and another would "get charged", the third guy would open all the
doors  and the  cheerleader hunt  was on.    Range was only about 15 feet for a
really good squeal, but occasionally prey would be had.>> Joe << [EMAIL
PROTECTED] > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: amradio@mailman.qth.net> Subject: Re:
[AMRadio] More electricity> Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:34:12 -0800> > -----
Original Message ----- > From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> To: "Discussion of AM Radio
in the Amateur Service"> <amradio@mailman.qth.net>> > > When I was in High
School Voc.Tech. in the late 60's we used to charge> up a good axial H.V.
electrolytic with the leads wrapped around the ends and> say .... catch, to an
unspecting classmate.> > We also did the,... hold on to two can lytics with the
cans connected to> the cap tester, a big CDE, and see how high the leakage test
voltage would> get before letting go.> >> > Betcha I'm not the only one with
these type memories ;)> >> > Bill,> > KB3DKS/1> > One wonders how many people
have been left with a deep sense of awe and fear> due their unfortunate early
contact with electricity. Seems this was> something of a very wide practice.
Maybe that is why there aren't any> electric shops left in High Schools. ;^)> >
http://www.amfone.net> Help: http://mailman.qth.net/mmfaq.html> Post:
PROTECTED] with> the word unsubscribe in the message
AMRadio mailing list