Thanks Bill.  I think I'll just go with the 1 RPM for now and if I ever run
across a 2 RPM I'll swap it out.  The extra 30 seconds would only allow the
8008's to heat a little longer and that sure shouldn't hurt anything.

73,
Rick/K5IZ

The manual states a delay of 30 seconds delay due to the operation of 1K1.
Perhaps the motor has been changed in the BA-10A here, but the measured
delay is 1 minute.  The motor looks original (can't read the speed without
disassembling the unit).

Never noticed the additional delay here, other than normal impatience.

If you replace the motor, make sure it has either the correct gearing or an
extended shaft.  It doesn't look like a generic motor to me.

Bill