-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jim Wilhite
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 08:27
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] AM Forum

Bill some years back I lived in Las Cruces, NM and  operated on 3.870 plus
7.293 where I met many congenial hams.
Bill/W7US, Dennis/W7QHO, Gary/ W7GMK and Lock/W1ZD all of which participated
in the 3.870 group.  When I moved from there to Texas, they took the
initiative to contact me by email as a friend a compatriot.  That remains
today and recently Lock and Gary looked me up to invite me back.

That is the kind of thing that makes friends.  It is not the attitude I
receive from the other coast.  I do wish I could communicate with the West
coast, but the group of SSBers Brian mentioned are adamant about causing
trouble.

They set up shop there some years ago when propagation was such that they
could not hear you guys out there.  Now that they can, they constantly
complain about the "interference".
Really the best alternative is to change frequency for small roundtables,
but that would be difficult to achieve.

Other than that, we could get on SSB and tell them we are going to join you
and get ready for the fight.  That is about our only options at this point.

I do wish civility prevailed in these matters but, sadly, it doesn't.

73  Jim
W5JO