Bry Carling wrote:
Coverage, coverage, coverage!   What memories you had me remember.
Anyone else do the "Cutting Edge" in the AM bands?
73 Robert W4RL

Robert et al,
I confess to an 807 driven BC610 tuning unit exciter, and cathode modulated with the signal from a K-mart plastic turntable. It carried a mile or so with a strong, but poorly-modulated signal on the AM dial...

I ran the 250TH rig into a dummy load with Bob Wills music playing (checking out the new modulator, reactor choke combo) at 100w, and out of curiosity, drove around the neighborhood listening to it, with the mobile rig. I was hurrying back to shut the thing off, when I was still hearing it S-9, 2 miles away, but relieved when a signal in Oklahoma covered it up, when he came on and called CQ at 3pm. *whew*.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR