The Raytheon 1000 was one of the ugliest oversized 1 Kw boxes. It was the size
of a small bathroom, and weight is comparable. The circuit was straight push
pull 813s driving 833s. Everything about it was overkill. Much of the baseplate
iron was oil-filled or potted. I stripped one of parts which had been in
Roswell for years, and was in very horrible shape. Some of the var. capacitors
had their plates partly melted and arced. It ran overheated so the tar and oil
leaked on the bottom, and it had no hope of running, someone had already
started scavenging by the time I got to it. So i didn't feel bad releving it of
good components such as these. I certainly wouldn't recommend tearing apart at
cherry RA1000, but based on the vintage and the rarety of them, chances of
finding a good 'un are low.

One more point, the iron out of this RA1000 carcass went to local hams, several
who were able to build up nice homebrew AM transmitter from them. So it wasn't
a total loss to the metal yard.