Don:

I've had a desire to build an audio amp using an old Eimac tube, the 100TL,
behind a window, would be the best looking.

I'm an audio nut, so I've mentioned this idea on a couple of audio forums,
but the hand-wound transformers, using pure silver wire, wound at midnight,
while facing exactly north, in the Bavarian forest, kind of scared me away.

I know there would be problems using a high-voltage, low-current tube such
as the 100TL, but I'd like to try it anyway.

Any suggestions from the group?

73, Barrie, W7ALW