If the ARRL does not represent Amateur Radio, then who does?

  We (hams) enjoy valuable spectrum and we are always at risk of losing it and
our privileges to experiment, operate, and organize on those frequencies.  We
need some organization to represent our interests at the national and
international levels.

  The ARRL may be seeing the future as being digital sooner than most of us see
it but at least they are looking forward.

  Do I agree 100% with ARRL? No.  Do I believe we need some organization with
real capability to represent our interests in the country and world forums?
the ARRL is the only one I see capable of doing this.

  We have access to our directors to express our opinions in real time and get
individual feedback.  We vote for them to represent us.  If we believe they are
going the wrong direction we have a simple response - do not elect them next
time.

  Perfect? No.  Pragmatic?  Yes.

  73
  Mac
  WQ8U
  Hillsborough, NC

Mark Foltarz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    The league is a vestige better kept as a memory rather than an outfit we can
think of as representing traditional Amateur Radio practice.