Ohhh!  Fridays at Dayton with a Vendor pass!  Gotta love it...

A technique I have used at Dayton, when I had a hamfest ticket but no vendor pass, was to conspire with a trusted friend who had rented a fleamarket space. The vendor pass is nothing but a regular hamfest ticket with a special "fleamarket" stamp. Once the vendor is inside the fenced-in area of the flea market, we would agree to meet somewhere at the fence and the vendor would let me borrow his pass, by slipping it to me through the fence wire, or we would temporarily swap tickets. I would enter at the gate and show the security guard the valid fleamarket pass, and he would let me through. Then I would return the vendor pass to its owner, and remain free to roam the fleamarket before it officially opened. I have to say that over the years I have managed to acquire some priceless "goodies" that way.

Don, k4kyv