[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Erm...oops! Please ignore my previous post re: what's in a name; I dint read all the way thru the accumulated posts like I should have.

 See what happens when you move and don't have your PC on for a week?
  (and digest mode would help, too, eh? HI.)

I don't care for digest mode. I agree that quotes should be trimmed, and the headers and footers of the message should be trimmed, as well. But, as an old-time reader of electronic messages (land-line BBS's were popular from around 1985, or 86 when I got into computers, with a 300-baud modem on top of that!) I find that sometimes it's desirable to sort the messages, that are filtered from my 'in-box' to the 'AM-Reflector' folder I created for the messages to be put, by subject. This is called 'reading by thread This is why digest mode doesn't work for me..

Then again, there are those who insist on changing the subject line when they reply. That certainly doesn't do a thread reader any good, either.

Oh, I'm sure I'll get 'yet another' private message (with a different subject on it, so I'll have to guess what's being talked about) saying that someone else complained about what I said, and my membership would be held under review, pending my reply... yes I'm serious - that actually happened.

Brian, I hope your neck surgery came out for the positive. You've always been, at least to me, a valuable asset to the AM community by providing the am Reflector for those of us who wish to participate in it.

All the best to you, m'friend.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR