Jim said: The AX 9909s are hard to find and some people tell me they
don't last very long.

Jim is correct IF you transmit prior to letting the AX9909's warm up. Why
Leo Myerson's crew decided on these tubes is un-beknownst to me. However, I
have been told that you need adequate warm up time, (roughly 5 min.) to help
maintain a seal around the pins. All of the pins, including the plate come
off of the bottom. I guess I ought to get a new low voltage transformer so I
can return mine to the air.
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK