On 5/13/07, ROLYNN PRECHTL  K7DFW <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ...........however I wonder if anyone has some ideas of why I would really
need K5 in the Gates, that is until I can find suitable replacement.

It's there to provide proper heating of the 866A MV rectifiers (if you
haven't pulled them and substituted SS replacements) before application of
their plate supply. It is there to prevent flash-over and potential
destruction of that plate xformer.

K7DFW

The tx does have ALL SS rectifiers now, from what I understand.