That is another way. I found out that the funeral director provides the service of notifying SS about deaths. Since the FCC has your SS number, then it could be automatic and easy.

Jim/W5JO

I was just wondering since I would imagine a lot of times the families of the SK would not notify the FCC or anyone else, so no one would know the call was available or that the holder was a SK. Maybe they could tie it in with the Social Security department, they seem to know immediately. Just a
thought...
Thanks,
Rick

Rick, numerous calls in use today are gained by searching
for SKs, canceling the calls and applying for them. That is
just one way.

Jim/W5JO