----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Patton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Radio Tech List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 1:00 PM
Subject: [RT] TX avail

Unless I get some interest, I am going tomorrow to cut up and salvage a
Bauer FB-5V 5 KW AM transmitter, vintage 1969.  The factory test data
were signed "F. Bauer."

I have a huge history with this unit; it was the first 5 KW AM rig I
ever worked on, when I became the CE at its station in 1977.  I have
been involved with the engineering at that station for most of the
intervening years, and now they have hired me to demo the site, as they
have lost their lease and will be diplexing with a sister AM.

This unit was in standby service until a few weeks ago and it wouldn't
take much to make it right.  The biggest problem is that it has had some
rust get in it, as it is ventilated to the outdoors through a tightly
sealed vent hood that tended to draw moisture back in when the TX's
blower was not running.  For a long time after it became an aux (1984),
I kept the blower motor running 24/7 to prevent this problem--I even
rigged it so the blower would run without the filaments--but eventually
some other engineer decided otherwise and shut off the blower--and now
we've got some rust inside.

I hate to see it go, but I have no room and no real use for it.  If
anyone wants to preserve a piece of broadcast history, or needs a
vintage 5 KW tube rig, call me TODAY and come and get it soon.
Otherwise, I'm salvaging the RF components and cutting the chassis up
with a torch.

--
Mike Patton.
Michael Patton & Assoc.