The 850A and 852 have the same voltage rating but the plate impedance for
the 850A is 2500 to 5000 ohms, while the 852 is 1500 to 3000 ohms.

Larry WA9VRH wrote:
Hi Scott,

I will keep looking for an 850-A as it would be the best way to go. Thanks
for the info and I would appreciate a copy of the chart.
Address and email is good on QRZ.

While I know that the B&W butterfly cap is worlds different from the pi-net tuning unit, it should be noted that the wider the impedance rage, the easier it's going to be to match it with a 'normal' sized capacitor. The capacitance on the tuning cap in my push-pull, link coupled final isn't -quite- enough for 75m. A split-stator capacitor was added in parallel to allow the tank circuit to resonate on 75m.

I understand if you think the 850-A is what you've designed the rig around, but from what I see about the 852, it's range is more dynamic.

Something to think about.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR