-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of WE0H
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 1:16 AM
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] 450T amp

That would be a cool amp to use on 600 meters.

Mike
WE0H
WD2XSH/16

This, John, is just from a quick and preliminary search on 600khz... and the info is kinda dated, but...

*Date Posted:* /Thu 23 Jun 2005; 9:22am/
*Author:* news
*Subject:* New USA 600m/500kHz ham band

permits close to being issued...

ARRL Applies for 500kHz Experimental License
Group of 23 sites seek to operate in 495-510kHz range.

The American Radio Relay League announced that it filed an application for a two-year experimental license under Part 5 of the FCC Rules and Regulations, to "permit experimentation and research between 495 and 510 kHz." Up to 100 watts peak transmitter power (20 watts peak ERP) would be used. Requested antenna heights range mostly from 12-18 meters; but a few are in the 22-33 meter range, and the Oregon site requests 43 meters. All are specified as non-directional. Modes listed in the application are 50 baud CW and PSK31.

Dr. Frederick (Fritz) Raab, W1FR, will manage the project. Participating sites are located in Arkansas, California, Colorado, Illinois, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont and Virginia.

This looks interesting... I'm searching for more data, and will send you in a private email.

This bit should contain enough information so that others out there that have not heard about it can go in search of more info.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR