If I knew where the transmitter came from and if it had been kept in the dry,
that would be OK. I know too well about the vultures in ham radio. I have
helped sell some estate sales, and I always ask the executors of the estate
what THEY want for the equipment. I have been fortunate to get most equipment
from dry basements. Years ago, I had the bad fortune to get some power
transformers that were exposed to moisture, and even after being dried out,
shorted out. I know the guys on this list like to build stuff, but $500. is a
lot for an unknown quantity, especially when guys like me have so little time
to rebuild. I hope that someone rescues it from the trash heap and puts it on
the air.
                                                                          Joe
W4AAB