ne1s wrote:
Geoff/W5OMR writes:
I'm soliciting ideas on grid inputs on a 4-125.
Thoughts?

What worked out well for me on the FR deck in the big PDM rig (pair of 7527A's in parallel) was to load the grid with ~2500 ohms non-reactive (a bunch of non-X 7W resistors in series) and match it from a 50 ohm source with a T network - two series variable caps with a tapped/switched inductor from their junction to ground. This allows me to tune the grid circuit from 160M - 10M, and the resistive loading is good for stability. Since to drive a class-C amplifier we LIKE harmonics there is no liability employing the T network. It takes about 25 - 30W on the low bands, more as the network becomes lossy at higher frequencies to get 30 mA grid current. (I use my TS-440S as the RF exciter, so no problem there). For a single 4-125 you will need less, of course.
GL,

Thanks, Larry...

This has been added to my folder of notes on construction.

--
73