www.cotronics.com/vo/cotr/index.htm
Plenty of hi-temp adhesives to 4000F

Thanks for the info.  I bookmarked that one.

I have used both JB Weld (the slow curing version) and plain "Two-ton crystal clear" epoxy to glue plate and grid caps.

I once had a 810 that I used in the modulator. I glued the plate cap with regular crystal clear epoxy. It never let go, but the clear epoxy gradually turned amberish and finally completely black and opaque, but the plate cap stayed solidly attached. I think I rotated that tube out of service and still have it amongst my spares.

Does anyone know what the original adhesive used on tubes is? Everything from small receiving tube bases and the plate caps on transmitting tubes seems to be glued on with the same brownish cement that appears to contain air bubbles.

But given the very common problem of loose bases and caps, maybe the original stuff wouldn't be the best choice for repair even if it were available.

Don k4kyv