-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Geoff/W5OMR
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 9:18 AM
To: Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Thanks, Sorry for the Delay

Todd, KA1KAQ wrote:
> Had a family emergency to deal with over the last week which kept me
> out of town and away from the list until this past weekend. Just
> wanted to say thank you to Brian for the 'appointment' to AMbassador,
> and to the hearty welcome extended to Gary and I.

You know, Todd... your new 'position' requires you to travel (at your
expense) to several AM'ers around the country, now.  Snapping pictures,
and recording audio samples so that we might all enjoy through this
wonderous venue call 'The Internet' now falls into your capable hands.

So, when can I schedule your visit to South Texas?  AM'ers of note here
would be W5KGZ/Perry (BC-610), AD5HR/Jon (homebrew p-p 807's mod'ed by
p-p 807's, 100% homebrew), The Hamshack of John/WA5BXO-BJ/WB5PKD
(homebrew p-p 250TH mod'ed by (4) 813's p-p parallel), WD5JKO/Jim
(highly modified Central Electronics Lab 20A/8877 combo), and of course,

no trip to South Texas would be complete without a visit to the shack of

K5SWK (100% homebrewed 833 x p-p 833's).  *MAYBE* we could go visit
Steve/K5LTK and his homebrewed 100w exciter and homebrewed 4-1000 rig,
modulated by push-pull 813's.

AFTER YOU GET HERE, I'd be happy to show you around.  Just plan on a
couple of weeks travel time between these noteable shacks.

;-)

Kidding, of course (kinda) but if you -ever- do get the chance to spend
some time down here, I'd be happy to show you around.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope,

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR