Rick Brashear wrote:
Bravo, Don!  When I ask for a signal report I want honesty.  How else will
we know how we sound?  If I have a hum, click, chirp or anything else I want
to know about it.  Unfortunately, I have peeved more than one contact by
giving honest reports.  If they don't want to know the truth, they shouldn't
ask me.  I think it's a courtesy to our fellow operators to be honest.

Sometimes that don't work, though. When stations 10kc and 500miles away are interferring with my conversation and I say something about, I'm told that my receiver is junk and that I need better equipment.

uh... yeah - ok. When the offending station is with the 3.5kc selectivity of my receiver, from 10kc away, I somehow don't think it's -my- equipment that needs to be looked at.

Speaking of which;

attn: Bob Peters/W1PE... you might tell Mason he was that broad this morning. I'm sure it was just a function of of tooooooo much audio to the negative, cutting off the carrier, and splattering up and down the band.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope, is like driving your car at night, without headlights. (K4KYV)

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR