A number of folks who found the IARU bandplan OK, and support restrictive
band plans, have written to me saying "the bands are so crowded we've got to do
something!"

I must disagree.  I passively listen to the MF and HF bands at least ten
hours a week, and actively operate about an additional ten hours, and I do not
find the bands particularly crowded.  And the interference issues that I do
overhear are usually caused by one of two things:  either deliberate jamming
and
harrassment, or a shift in propagation brings QSOs that were previously unheard
to each other into conflict.  It is rarely a matter of too many hams on the
bands...

Again, I feel it is vital that we err on the side of flexibility and less
restrictions, rather than more and tighter controls that eliminate future
choices.  If we are to remain viable as an organized hobby we've got to be open
to a
wide variety of modes, both old and new.

Steve WD8DAS