Pete, do the Directors not have input to what is presented at/to IARU? If so, then we should have access to it directly through out directors who would then instruct the seemingly autonomous staff at Newington how to vote.

True the ARRL pulled the RM, but why? I remember reading it was pulled by the management of ARRL because of misunderstanding by the ham population and ARRL membership which resulted in the flood of FCC comment filings and many messages to ARRL. The communications about pulling it inferred that they needed to do a better selling job then re-present it to the FCC.

Jim/W5JO

This Region 2 plan never came up for a vote at the ARRL Board meetings.
The Board of Directors have no vote in International rulings. FCC was
never against RM-11306. It was pulled before the FCC formally responded
to it.

Nothing like fanning the flames.

Pete, wa2cwa

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 13:08:55 -0400 "Mike Sawyer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>