What about Hi-Fi stuff - not ham related but still an interesting facet
of electronic stuff. You start limiting no CB's, no computer related
parts (cables, boards, plugs, etc. etc.), no Hi-Fi, no public address
amplifiers, remote control stuff (planes, cars, dogs, etc.), or other
"non-ham" electronic type items, is probably not a good idea. Vendors,
when gathering their "stuff" for a flea market, aren't going to spend the
time to separate out what might not be considered "ham-related". As Dave
pointed out, there can be many visitors(potential buyers) to a hamfest
that are not hams. Why limit the vendors (actually putting a burden on
the vendors) to limit what they can display for potential sale (i.e. hand
towels in assorted colors that say "I love ham radio", etc). Next you'll
be requiring hams to wear ties and suit jackets and leave all the belt
hanging HT's in the car or home. I love a hamfest that has a variety of
products including non-ham related stuff. Driving these vendors and
potential buyers away is not the answer to a continuing successful
hamfest in today's hamfest arena.

Last hamfest I sold a Sears circular saw, brand new wide carriage
printer, a flat-bed scanner, several motors, a bunch of CD's, VCR movies,
and a number of "non-ham" related stuff, and a number of "ham-type"
products.  I would have been real pissed if you stopped me at the gate
and said I couldn't try to sell those products. As someone else said, if
you're not interested in what's on the table, "keep on walking".

Pete, wa2cwa