I believe only the Directors and Vice-Directors are subject to a recall.
A proposal is required, along with at least 10% of the membership in that
Division signing and dating the petition. After the petition is
validated, a ballot is prepared and a vote must be taken of the
membership in that entire Division (Recall - Yes or No). The paid staff
isn't subject to the recall ruling.

Also, you said: "we "ignorant" members"
But, he(Director) really said: "very few ignorant people"

It doesn't sound like he was categorizing the entire AM community. But
then again, I. you, they, etc. can sometimes be ignorant to the true
meaning of someone's written intent especially if it's worded poorly.

Pete, wa2cwa