Mike Duke, K5XU wrote:
W5OMR is right in saying that we don't have to wait for a special event to come out of the woodwork.

Lots of us will be around the house for the remainder of the weekend, including today.

If this noise will let me, I'll be on 40, and will check 20 regularly.

Too bad the 15 meter propagation isn't with us yet.

I was just on, up on 3.885. Never heard a peep below, but had a nice 30min conversation with N8ULN/Jim in Wooster, OH.

Not bad propagation, either - his 100w 32V2 was, for the most part, Q-5 here in South Texas.

I've heard reports that 15m was open, more than most people think.

I need to locate another screen resistor for the grid circuit in a Viking II. If that's the same resistor that also sets the bias on the 807's, I -might- have one.

If I can get the 'other' Viking II working (the one I'm NOT using as an RF exciter for the 250TH rig) then I can use it for checking out 40m, or 15m.

Need to find my schematic, again...

Very true, Mike, that a lot of us are going to be around the house the rest of the weekend. It'd be nice to hear some of those 'middle of the day' carrier surprises on 75m.

--
Driving your AM Rig without a scope, is like driving your car at night, without headlights. (K4KYV)

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR