Y'all gotta understand -my- position...

I've never felt the need to 'join' some ham-radio based organization (I don't care if it's local radio clubs, or repeater organizations), just because as a ham, I want to communicate with -other- hams.

To me, it's always been (yet another) way for someone to get their hand in your wallet, under the guise of 'dues' and donations. I've been there, done that. I studied, learned and EARNED my Ham ticket, and hold the Extra class license by passing the 20wpm test. I EARNED my license. Why should I pay someone else to 'talk' with my license?

--
73