Well, it's the first time someone has explained more clearly the
reasoning (regulating body vs none) in assuring that it won't impact
US or Canadian hams. Still doesn't make a lot of sense to sign onto a
plan with clearly improper restrictions that could potentially be
applied to your region, since you agreed with it.

The comments about no ARRL input to the restriction seems to fly in
the face of what Paul 'VJB has reported hearing from the Mexican rep
(possibly others?) confirming Rinaldo's push for it. Considering their
reputation for such nonsense, Mr Weaver should be more understanding
and aware of the distrust brought onto the League by their own actions
and attitudes.

Interesting that he also sees it as a 'small flurry of concern by some
AM colleagues'. Small compared to the number of licensed hams perhaps?
Not so much when compared to ARRL membership numbers. 'Small' could
better describe the actual percentage of amateur population choosing
League (mis)representation.

Best part is his statement that he would vote against it. While I
still believe it's foolish to even go there in the first place,
declaring this position is more than many ARRL leaders are willing to
do.

Thanks for posting this, Steve.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ